Hindi Language for Communication Purpose
SEA enables learners to achieve greater fluency, accuracy and confidence in the written language, and improve their communication skills in Hindi.
Students will learn how to improve their use of Hindi in a variety of situations, understanding how to read texts and other source materials, and how to extract information, and respond to questions in writing.
With supervision from the language teachers the student will be continuously involved in the design of his/her syllabus and the pace of work.
The course provides student’s with an introduction to Hindi that aims to develop their basic speaking, reading, and writing skills. Interactive in nature, this course focuses on imparting Hindi language skills to beginners and empowering student to engage in cross-cultural communication. Vocabulary related to daily life and practical necessities will be reinforced through dialogues, conversations, drills, and interactive classroom activities such as role playing and games.
Examples of the curriculum
- The Hindi Alphabet
- Common Hind & Consonants
- Common Hindi & Speaking Hindi Characters
- Writing Hind & Consonants
- Writing Hind & Vowels
- Writing Hind & Vowel Signs
- Writing Hind & Compound Consonants
- Writing Special Characters
- Introduction to Hind & Numerals
- Making your own Hind& sentences
- The Pictorial Dictionary
- Brain Surgery of the Hindi Grammar
- Relational Postpositions
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- Conjunctions and Expressions
- General Knowledge
- General Dialogues
By the end of the entire courses students are expected to be able to:
Course Information Summary
- Understand and us a broad range of Hindi to manage an academically developed range of formal and colloquial conversational topics
- Write and read Hindi scripts with some proficiency
- Speak the language with sufficient accuracy to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, professional, and abstract topics
- Develop basic level vocabulary for reading and writing essays
- Develop ability to describe topics related to the program theme.
- Study load of 2 hours / day. Monday to Friday OR
- Study load of 3 hours on Saturday
- Course Duration : 12 – 24 weeks